Re: Standard Debian system...

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, Lindsay Allen wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Sam Ockman wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > I'm thinking of leaving out SVGAlib (graphical stuff that isn't X based...)
> > Anyone object heavily to this?
>
> I think that ghostscript depends on svgalib.
>
> Lindsay

Yes, gs depends on svgalib.
There is svgalib-dummy, which is a dummy package which replaces
svgalib and which could be used to satisfy the dependency requirements.
Unfortunately, svgalib-dummy does not work with old versions of gs,
due to problems in the dependecies; this has been solved in the new
versions, which however are linked against libc6...
So, if you plan to include gs and to leave out svgalib, i could provide
a new libc5 version of gs.

Ciao,
Marco