uploads for bo (was Re: Non-free libc5 packages??)

Hi folks!

I really think it's important to have the possiblity to provide our users
with updated packages for "bo" as the release of "hamm" will take at least
a few months.

I suggest the following:

  - renaming "bo-updates" into "bo-testing" (I think this has already been
decided, or?)

  - creating a new directory "bo-updates"

The newly created directory "bo-updates" should be used by all maintainers
that want to upload newer versions for "bo". (I really think that
"experimental" is not the right place for this.)

Note, that this is just for the maintainers that _want_ to update their
packages. (A few maintainers have suggested to upload newer versions but
these uploads didn't qualify for bo since they did not fix security
problems.)

Of course, if the maintainer does not want to update his/her packages,
some other maintainer should be allowed to recompile them for "bo".

(Perhaps it would be useful to label all packages in bo-updates with an
extra version number, for example "1.1-bo-1" to keep the version numbers
separate from the "hamm" version numbers.)

The new bo-updates directory should contain a README which states that
these uploads are not as well tested as "bo". The packages there are just
to provide people with new versions. (I think the uploaded packages should
be installed in bo-updates without any testing of the testing group.)

Thanks,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz
           / o \__   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,