Re: No Debian/MIPS (was: More Linux/SGI status) (fwd)

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, Vincent Renardias wrote:
> Well, actually there *are* some Debian packages for Mips.[*]
> However, those packages have been cross-compiled and are untested since I
> have no Mips machine. I hope I'll be able to update those packages soon as
> well as compile some more...
>
> NB: Is it time to create a debian-mips list yet?

If I remember correctly it was about a year ago that I talked on this
list about Debian/MIPS. At that time Ralf was still interested in
creating a Debian based distribution. Unfortunately there was zero
response from the list and so Ralf started to move to RH. And trailing
behind the SGI/MIPS people and the rest of the Linux/MIPS comunity.

Today Debian is again in the situation to have to play catch-up
with a RH based distribution.

Mike

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.  But I have promises to keep,
And lines to code before I sleep, And lines to code before I sleep."