Re: GCC 2.8

Egcs didn't intend to replace gcc 2.8; the intention seems to be more
towards being gcc 3, now that gcc 2 has stabilized.

Simon

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> Just in case anyone missed it, gcc 2.8 has actually been released and is
> on ftp.gnu.edu.. Hopefully this will fix all the issues the alpha, ppc and
> spart people have.
>
> The egcs question may now be moot.
>
> Jason

Simon Karpen		slk@shodor.org
Sysadmin, Shodor Education Foundation

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], `Pray,
Mr.  Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
answers come out?'  I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of
confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
                -- Charles Babbage