Re: Mailing list policy

On Wed, Jan 21, 1998 at 02:48:00PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

> Something needs to be done about this problem.  We need to examine
> what kind of postings are causing debian-devel to be too full.  I'd
> like people to discuss here on debian-devel what the problem is and
> what to do about it, and then I or the mailing list policy manager
> (when we have one) will make a decision.
I think posting a weekly reminder about the acceptable issues on the several
debian mailing lists would be of value.
I think of something which lists all the lists, their topics, pointers to
related lists (e.g. if you want to ask technically unexcellent questions
about dpkg-shlibdeps, go to debian-unexcellent :), and an RTFM list which
consists of urls of the have-to-read documentation for the list.
A related issue is some type of "project map". Maybe the same periodical
would contain it as well.
Or is it already done, but hidden somewwhere in the web site?

---
GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból