Re: packaging static lib oriented software

> But it strikes me that we're solving the wrong problem here (in the
> sense of trying to provide a good design).  It should not be necessary
> to have a policy *requiring* that a package be implemented in some
> certain fashion.  We should be providing an environment which can
> mix&match implementation techniques as needed for good performance.

If people bothered to read the original post all the way through,
they would see that size and speed were just two reasons given to
support allowing packages to be organized differently. The way a
package is organized should fit the needs of the people using it.

- Jay