Re: Mailing list policy

 Bdale> In article <[🔎] 87yb09erzb.fsf@npreyer.eou.edu> you wrote:
  > One source of increased traffic is from non-developers (like me) who
  > are using hamm: we're told to ask questions about hamm on
  > debian-devel rather than debian-user.
 Bdale>
 Bdale> Why?  Who told you that?  This class of question seems clearly
 Bdale> to belong on debian-user.

MS> As we come closer to a release, hamm is converging towards a user
MS> release, the distinction has become blurred; nevertheless, we
MS> can't just asbout face and dress down people for asking questions
MS> about unstable on debian-devel; at least, not unless we formulate
MS> some kind of a policy and stick to it.

What if we created a debian-unstable mailing list, like debian-user
but specifically targeted for the current unstable distribution?  This
would give a clear place to ask i.e. libc5-to-libc6 upgrade questions
without clogging up debian-devel or debian-user.

--
/                             \  "The cat's been in the box for over