Re: Mailing list policy

"David Z. Maze" <dmaze@donut.mit.edu> wrote:
> What if we created a debian-unstable mailing list, like debian-user
> but specifically targeted for the current unstable distribution?  This
> would give a clear place to ask i.e. libc5-to-libc6 upgrade questions
> without clogging up debian-devel or debian-user.

Speaking as a non-developer who typically follows unstable very closely, I think this would be ideal.  Right now, I lurk in debian-devel, just because that's where issues with the unstable release are dealt with.

If you provide debian-unstable, then that would give me just what I need for now.

There's no use clogging either debian-user or debian-devel with messages from unstable users (well, users of the unstable release, anyway ;) -- and debian-unstable would provide a proper place for such messages.
--
      -- 'Tis a poor sort of truth that needs *my* commitment. --

Noel Maddy <nmaddy1@biostat.hfh.edu>