Re: What's Debian's /usr/src policy

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

> While your test is correct, a little research shows that it does not apply
> here. First, timezone is a required package, but is not marked Essential!
> Second, I just finished building the libc6 packages (which now include
> timezones) and had no trouble installing timezones over the old timezone.

Oops, to be honest, I was just assuming that this was the problem.  I
had seen this problem before, saw that timezones is not essential, so
assumed that timezone is essential.

Sorry for wasting your time.  At least we established a small point in
the conflicts/replaces mechanism.  I'll file a bug against packaging
manual that an explanatory sentence be added to 8.3.

Guy