Re: policy violation and bug reports.

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> Mark> you have to specify one path for all of them, so really the
> Mark> users' authoritative zone files have to go in /var, and although
> Mark> we could put symlinks in for named.local and named.rev-local, do
> Mark> we want to when none of the zone files will be like that?
>
> 	I'm not sure I understood the last sentence, but yes, I think
>  we need to put any user modified files in /etc/named, and symlink
>  back to /var/named if needed.

Maybe this is what you intend anyway, but it would be cleanest, IMO,
to symlink directories.  I already put my primary zone files
(following an example somewhere in the documentation) in
/var/named/pz/*, so you could link /var/named/pz to /etc/named/pz for
example.  Similarly for /var/named/local to /etc/named/local which
contains files like "fwd" and "rev" for named.local and
named.rev-local.

	  GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."