Re: Possible new name for "deity"

In article <199802262049.MAA76744@pdxcs205>,
Gerry Toll <gtoll@ichips.intel.com> wrote:
>Carrying on in good GNU tradition, I do think a recursive acronym would be a
>lovely touch.

I spent a while coming up with more recursive acronyms and other ideas;
I'm not claiming they're any good, but they might spark off ideas in
others...

  RING Is Not Glint

Also possible: King, Wing, Sing.  Ding if you want a `D' for Debian
in there.  SLing or THing if you don't mind a useless letter.

  FINER Is Not Erik's RPM
  WEINER emphatically is not Erik's RPM

(I -think- Erik Troan is the one responsible for RPM.  Correct me if
I'm wrong...)

Also possible: Diner, Liner.

Here's one I like:

  AMUSE: Amuse manages Unix systems excellently.

(`Unix' could be changed to "users'" if necessary.)

For those without acronymphomania, how about `MileStone' (with or without
the BiCapitalisation), `Promise' or `Namesake'?

Now about `Naiad' (pr. to rhyme with eye-had) the system management nymph?
Or `Jonquil' (because it does't admit to being Narcissistic)?

`Threefold'?  A bit long, but "its uses are threefold: package
manipulation, system maintanence and network management".

Names starting with `D':

Debut?  No, I think that would get old rather quickly...  Decoy?  I don't
know -why- I'm suggesting that...  Deepen?  Defray?  Dram?  Dint?  Datum?
Dogged?

Going with religion: Dogma?  Deacon?

Some starting with `deb': Debby, Debra, Deborah, Debrief, Debris, Debacle,
Debate, Debauch, Debility.  Unfortunately, most words starting with
`deb' have some negative connotations...

Other random nice-sounding words: sunbeam, sublime, noble, emblem.

Watts: Works at twice the speed (and then some)

Sold: Speed-of-light Debian

Datsol: Debian at the speed of light

All very inane, I know, but this might trigger an idea in someone
else's mind...

Cheers,

--
Charles Briscoe-Smith