Strange file location with SSLeay

Hi,

I've noticed that ssleay from non-US uses a subdirectory within
/usr/bin to store it's programs.  This new path is not added to the
users path so they won't be able to call the programs.  Is that
intentional?

As SSLEay comes with 71 programs, most of them are softlinks to
/usr/bin/ssl/ssleay I can understand that one doesn't want to put this
much binaries into /usr/bin, it would be another 1/10th of the files
there.  But within this subdirectory people won't be able to call
them.

Apart from that, is it needed to introduce that much links?  Wouldn't
it be more convenient if I'd call ssleay with a parameter specifying
the crypt routine to use?

Regards,

	Joey

--