Re: Something is very wrong with this group

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> 	I have refrained from this debate so far, since I do not think
>  my input was really required, and, after all, I did not write the
>  darn thing.. However, this has been moving in directions I find
>  ... distasteful,  and it is being pushed by people who again did not
>  write the darned thing.
>
> >>"bruce" == bruce  <bruce@va.debian.org> writes:
>
> >> But if you are going to be picky about user-friendly names, "Trove"
> >> isn't it.
>
> bruce> Point conceded. However, in this case I expect most people
> bruce> would point-n-click to get to it. Do you know the executable
> bruce> names of your Microsoft applications? If so, do you often type
> bruce> them??
>
> 	So, Trove is going to be a Microsoft product, or run on MS
>  platforms? If that is the case, I have no objections to it; it seems
>  typical MS'ism.
>
> 	If not, I fail to see the relevance of that statement. On my
>  UNIX boxes, I do know the names of software I use regularily, and I
>  generally do type it manually. I personally do not like the
>  connotation I percieve of pirates treasures, and people dying on the
>  high seas (murder and rapine are equally as unpleasant as Deities [I
>  like Deities -- some more than others, it is true]).

I like deity as well. It easy to type and it already got into my mind.

For deity one only has to type "dei<tab>", whereas for trove its
"trov<tab>" or just "trove". Thats an extra keystroke for a name I
cant remember and which has no meaning I see. Deity has the meaning of
a Good to me, and so I directly conect that to the Superuser, to root,
to the good of the System. Only he can run it.

Why not stick with the name that was initially chosen?

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn