Why "daemon" is not like "deity"

> Hypertext Webster Gateway: "daemon"

_We_ did not pick the descriptive term "daemon". The difference with
"deity" is that we have not released the program yet, we are in control,
we have the capability of making a good decision or a bad one. We
should not default to inconsiderate behavior because others have been
inconsiderate in the past.

Anyway, there is no program named "daemon" in the system, and most of them
except for cron and init are described as "servers" these days.

	Thanks

	Bruce