Re: outgoing SMTP and dynamic DNS

Bruce writes:
> Reverse resolution happens through your internet provider. I think the
> important point is that the name in your SMTP hello (which will set the
> envelope-from) resolve to the IP number you are using.

Another experiment:

EHLO qwerty.blorg.bar
250-bucky.win.bright.net Hello elk4-cs-14.win.bright.net [208.149.150.66], pleased to meet you
MAIL FROM: <jghasler@win.bright.net>
250 <jghasler@win.bright.net>... Sender ok
RCPT TO: bruce@va.debian.org
250 bruce@va.debian.org... Recipient ok
DATA
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
Looks like BrightNet doesn't care too much about the EHLO address...
.
250 PAA10163 Message accepted for delivery

The HELO address can be anything, but the MAIL FROM: must be in
win.bright.net.

--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)