Re: On new names for "Deity"

Brandon Mitchell writes:

> In the mist of all this bickering over the philosophy of naming unix
> programs, would it be too much to ask that we try to keep it to three
> choices: 1) trove, 2) some variant of pm, or 3) your own name.

IMHO pm is a fine choice.  I don't like deity because it bears no
relation to what the program does, while trove may be a bit too
obscure for non-native speakers.

On the other hand, pm for package manager is very suitable.  And the
two-letter namespace is suffiently precious that you should jump at an
opportunity to get such a name for your program accepted.  (Grab it
now, before someone else comes along.)

--
Olaf Weber