Re: On new names for "Deity"

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, David Frey wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 01, 1998 at 06:49:08PM -0500, Brandon Mitchell wrote:
> [ my suggestion to lengthen pm if necessary, e.g. uupm ]
>
> commands starting with uu should be reserved for UUCP|uu{en,de}code, IMO.
> (Is this already policy?)

In the mist of all this bickering over the philosophy of naming unix
programs, would it be too much to ask that we try to keep it to three
choices: 1) trove, 2) some variant of pm, or 3) your own name.  If there
aren't many 3's and it's apparent that there are a lot of 2's, then we can
start worrying about what variant.  I don't want this to turn into a vote,
or a major debate.  In the end, I was hoping that these would be
considered suggestions to the Deity team, who would then chose the name
they wanted.

I'm just trying to add some direction on this thread, my appologies if
this made it worse.

Brandon

P.S. David's request is a perfectly valid one.  I just don't want to throw
out "pm" because people don't like the specific variants.

-----
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 221-4847                      --Linus Torvalds