Re: programs by Dan Bernstein

In message <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.980303225059.480U-100000@Wakko.ualberta.ca> you write
:
|On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Roberto Lumbreras wrote:
|
|> the public domain) are usable for any purpose but only
|> distributable in unpatched source form.
|
|Yep, this is the extent of his license. We packaged qmail by including the
|original tar and a build script that patched and compiled it into a .deb.
|
|You cannot distributed modified versions and you cannot distribute
|binaries.

What about modified versions of checkmail?  I suspect it would be very
usefull for quite a few sites which use Qmail to have a choice of the
variaty of checkmail programs available from Qmail's sites (and I'd
like to distribute my version for the benefit of others).

Thanks,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL        amos@gezernet.co.il |                     -- Anonymous