Re: programs by Dan Bernstein

Roberto Lumbreras <rover@lander.es> writes:

> The problem is that Dan doesn't provide any "COPYING" or licensing
> info with his programs, only some web pages and emails in mailing
> lists. My impression is that all his programs (except multitee, in
> the public domain) are usable for any purpose but only
> distributable in unpatched source form.

I can't really see anywhere that it says you can distribute them at
all.  In fact, I can't see anywhere it says you can even download and
use them, although putting them up on his FTP server rather suggests
that it's OK with him.

I'm also not certain how his "Legal information" page relates to *his*
software.  It certainly relates to Microsoft software, since you buy
that in a store.  But by downloading software from his FTP server, do
I "own a copy"?

P.S. Does anyone know if any binary packages of qmail have been
approved?

	  GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."