Re: PGP Software Update (intent to package)

On Thu, Mar 05, 1998 at 10:20:18AM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> > 	..but as 5.5i is just around the corner I am not sure
> > 	if it's worth the hassle. 5.5i has significant changes,
> > 	I hear.
> Er.. how much hassle is it?  [that is, why?]

	What I hear 5.5 has radically different code base. Seems like
	doing the thing all over again when 5.5 is released.

	I have to admit that reading about 5.5i/unix I got the impression
	it would be finished _sooner_. It seems to be still missing.
	Infact, nothing seems to have happened. Oh well..

--8<--
PGP 5.5i
PGP 5.5i for Unix is not yet available. PGP, Inc. has changed the PGP library routines
considerably from 5.0 to 5.5, and the Unix sources have not yet been updated to use the new
library. Stay tuned.
--8<--

	This message has been there for ages. I might just as well stop
	waiting and see if I can package 5.0i. Consider this an announce.
--
tv-nospam-sig-1@hq.yok.utu.fi - it's a valid address w/o spam