Re: Intent to package proj -- coyright question

On Thu 05 Mar 1998, john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
> 17 USC 105 states that works of the US
> government are not to receive the protection of the copyright law.  This
> means that if you use such a work in the US without the government's
> permission, they may not sue you for infringement.  This does not place the
> work in the public domain: it just makes the US copyright unenforceable.
> Since copyright is compulsory in all Berne convention countries, the US
> government has copyright on its works in all such countries.

The US is not a Berne convention country? If it is, the text above
contradicts itself. At least, the way I read it...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software, Enschede, the Netherlands