Re: HAMM FREEZE (removed packages)

Brian White writes:
> I've removed the following packages from Hamm because they still have
> critical, grave, or important bugs registered against them.  To get them
> back in the archive, simply upload a version to "frozen" that fixes _all_
> of the open critical, grave, and important bugs registered against that
> package.

Removed???

And now you ask each maintainer to scan your list to see whether his/her
package is in there? Or did you send a message to each and I didn't get one
because my packages are ok? Well lets scan through the list.

> ascii			journal			quota

Great. If we remove packages like quota we won't have a vaid distribution.

> cfengine		lclint-doc		sftp

Isn't sftp to be removed from the archive anyway? How on earth can a -doc
file have a bug so important that is has to be removed?????? BTW this so
very important bug is a missing copyright file. Since it's there with the
binary package I would rate a bug like this as very unimportant.

Uh, seems like none of my packages is in there.

> The following packages also have release-necessary bugs against them but
> are too important to be removed.  The final release of Hamm will be delayed
> if these packages still have critical, grave, or important bugs open.
>
> ae		emacs20-el	menu		tetex-src

ROTFL a -src package is too important to be removed.

> at		emacsen-common	passwd		wu-ftpd
> bash		fvwm-common	perl-base	xbase
> bind		gettyps		ppp-pam		xcontrib

Who needs xcontrib?

> boot-floppies	ldso		sysklogd	xlib6g
> dpkg		libc6-dev	tetex-base	xserver-*
> dump		libpaperg	tetex-dev
> e2fsprogs	libreadlineg2	tetex-doc
> emacs-el	login		tetex-extra

dump isn't that important. And the tetex packages .... Hey, I do use tex
quite a lot, but I don't have tetex-dev and tetex-doc at all.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20