Re: mkisofs BUG/Feature?

Paul Slootman <paul@wau.mis.ah.nl> writes:

> On Tue 26 May 1998, Brederlow wrote:
>
> > I created an isoimage of some directories on my harddrive and it seems
> > that files and dirs written in M$Dos 8+3 shortcut syntax
> > (foobar~1.txt) where left out. Is this a bug a feature or just a
> > miracle?
>
> Both, actually :-)  From the manpage:

Oh, the love making manual. I should have known. Thanks.

> OPTIONS
>        -a     Include all files on the iso9660 filesystem.   Nor­
>               mally  files that contain the characters '~' or '#'
>               will not be included (these  are  typically  backup
>               files for editors under unix).

hmm, maybe that should be changed to "ending with ~ or #". Files
containing ~ in the middle are usually not backups. :)

> > May the Source be with you.
>
> ... and the manpages when the Source doesn't help.

man man
man: command not found

ppp_start
apt-get install man-db

That should help. :)

Beware, the dark side of the Source is strong.
			Mrvn