Re: RH and GNOME

On Tue, Jul 21, 1998 at 11:27:33AM -0500, Rob Browning wrote:
> You've *got* to be kidding.  What is wrong with these people?  If
> that's really the reason.  I'm sure glad someone that lame's not in
> charge of libc.
>
> Assuming that the info in this thread's pretty accurate, I'm going to
> have to reconsider how much faith I want to put in E.  I was
> considering switching to it when was released, but now other
> alternatives are looking better.  I want something with a reasonable
> developer who works *with* others.

That is not raster. I once asked him to change some #defines in gdkimlib
to an enum to make it easier to do the perl bindings, something like

#define blarp 0
#define blurp 1

typedef enum {blarp, blurp} myenum;

He refused saying it would break binary compatibility! No chance to
convince him...
Neverless he broke binary compatibility the week later without
changing the lib version (and without applying the changes I provided)...

lupus