Re: RH and GNOME

On Tue, Jul 21, 1998 at 02:50:25PM -0500, Rob Browning wrote:
> > (Seriously, that's more of a joke than anything else - I'm not paranoid,
> > I'm just an idealist)
>
> An idealist?  How about someone on an unsupportable rant?

That too.  =p  Kysh is probably being a bit paranoid, but I still will be
watching Redhat over the next few months, just in case Kysh is being less
paranoid that it seems right now.  Too many people think of Linux as "Slack
and Redhat--and we all know Slack is dead anyway."  Granted, nobody who uses
Linux thinks so, but the people in question are Windoze people evaluating
Linux and considering installation.

I think we need more marketting and more support for Joe Newbie really.
Nothing is wrong with a little competition, but if we want to make sure
Redhat has no opportunity to pull an Open Group stunt, we gotta keep them on
their toes.