Re: RH and GNOME

Kysh Dragon <debian@dragonfyre.soark.net> writes:

> It was an analogy, quoted out of context. Had the context remained, it
> would have been evident.

The context was irrelevant.  It was a bad analogy, you compared them
to a leper.  That's a loaded comparison that does no one any good.

Of course you can do what you like, but you're substantially
undermining your chance of being taken seriously unless you're more
careful how you make your points.

> Again, you seperated the two statements that were meant together. I
> don't rant.

You called them slimy because some of them might be on our list.  To
me that projects exactly the *wrong* attitude.  And it doesn't matter
that you put in a "just kidding".

I (and I hope the rest of the project) welcome them to the list.  We
are an *open* project, and we're not currently in unfriendly
competition with RedHat.

> I certainly don't argue with people who are so desperate for
> anything to argue with, they'll use out of context quoting &c to try
> to pick a fight.

That's ridiculous.  The context issue is a straw man, the context was
irrelevant to my criticisms.  Further, I didnt' post this just because
I wanted an argument.  I'm very unlikely to go out of my way for a
fight -- this sort of thing just exhausts me.  I'd much rather be
doing any number of other things.