Re: Copyright question

Milan Zamazal <pdm@informatics.muni.cz> wrote:
> Thanks.  But what about the "All Rights Reserved" clause?  What does it
> mean?  There is no such clause in the license of the original fonts.

A notice of the form "Copyright (c) yyyy  <<whoever>> All rights
reserved" used to be required before you could claim that you
had a copyright.  And technically, the (c) was supposed to be a
c in a circle -- the parenthesis thing didn't quite cut it.

All this changed with the Bern convention, and that notice is no
longer needed.  But I'm sure that some people still have habits
of doing this, and there's still books around saying that it's
needed.

But basically, it is just saying who owns the copyright.

--
Raul