Re: Do we support source patches?

On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, Marc Singer wrote:

> By this I mean "Do we support source patches for the upstream package?"
>
> I'm working on a debian-native package that will likely undergo some
> changes over the next couple of months.  Wouldn't it be best if I
> could upload a patch to a base revision instead of the whole
> kit-n-kaboodle every time?

The packaging system supports only two types of packages. One of them is
aimed for native debian packages (the ones that do not have a debian
revision level) and the other for non-debian packages (the ones that do
have a debian revision level). However, if it is really useful for you to
treat a debian package as if it were not a debian native package, then I
think policy should not forbid you to do so.

--
 "839b6f5b057fda76d979754024a8949c" (a truly random sig)