Re: Gnome broken?

    Jim> Stephen Crowley <stephenc@wf.net> writes:

    Stephen> Is it just me or his gnome horribly broken? I've been
    Stephen> trying to compile gtkicq with no success. gnomeConf.sh is
    Stephen> wanting -lgtk1.1 but the libgtk1.1-dev package only has
    Stephen> libgtk.so and libgtk.a, is this a bug in libgnome0 or
    Stephen> libgtk1.1-dev ?

    Jim> The libgtk1.1-dev and libglib1.1-dev are missing the
    Jim> libgtk1.1.so and libglib1.1.so symlinks.  Just create them
    Jim> manually.  I'll file bugs.

This is an intentional change upstream. The libgtk1.1.so and
libglib1.1.so symlinks are gone, and have been replaced with
libgtk.so and libglib.so.

So say the GTK+ developers.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters X and H and the number 3.
"Oh, all right, Uncle Ulty REALLY wants you to do his portrait." -- FF6