Problem with dselect/libgnome0

Hi!

I have a problem running dselect/apt,
but I don't know which part of my system is responsible.

This machine is running slink and I have
all non-devel gnome packets selected I've found.

If I press <enter> to exit [S]election
mode of dselect I get an dependancy
problem:

*******************************
 *** Opt devel    libgnome0    The Gnome libraries
 *** Opt devel    libgtktty0   The Gnome gtktty (Terminal) widget

libgtktty0 depends on libgnome0 (= 0.27-2)
*******************************

This far everything looks fine. But if I press return again
the same screen apears again, although all dependancies
are met.

Pressing (capital) "Q" gets me out of this.
Next is [I]nstall:

Updating package status cache...done
Checking system integrity...ok
Sorry, but the following packages are broken - this means they have unmet
dependencies:
  gnome-control-center: Depends:gnome-core Depends:libgnome0 Depends:libungif3g
  libgtop-daemon: Depends:libgnome0
  libgtop0: Depends:libgnome0
Press enter to continue.

libgnome0 depends on ( giflib3g OR libungif3g ). Selecting
one or the other does not resolve my problem.

Quitting dselect and running
"apt-get upgrade" gives the following output:

root@marvin:~# apt-get upgrade
Updating package status cache...done
Checking system integrity...ok
The following packages have been kept back
  gnome-gxsnmp gnome-admin gnome-media gnome-panel libzvt0 gnome-guile
  gnome-same-gnome libguilegtk0 gnome-utils gnome-mahjongg libobgnome0
gnome-gnomine
  libgtkxmhtml0 gnome-gnobots gnome-gyahtzee gnome-terminal gnome-core
gnome-session
  libobgtk1 libgnome0 siagoffice-common gnome-gnothello gnome-card-games
1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 23 not upgraded.
Need to get 34.6k of archives. After unpacking 28.0k will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Get http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de slink/main mime-support [34.6k]
Fetched 34.6k in 0s (133k/s)
(Reading database ... 47622 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace mime-support 2.17-1 (using mime-support_3.2-1.deb) ...

I have downloaded libgnome0 manually. The file
debian/control looks fine, although the Dependencies
line is very long. Maybe that is a problem?

I don't have any further ideas. I would be glad
to give further details. Just send me a mail and
I will try everything you suggest (ok .. there
may be a few exceptions ;)

    greetings
         Florian

---
  Florian Hinzmann               f.hinzmann@public.uni-hamburg.de
                                 fh@dipa.de, fh@debian.org
NEW PGP-Key fingerprint: DD 61 74 34 04 FB 8A BD  43 54 83 38 0C 82 EF B1