Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

Hi,
>>"Martin" == Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

 Martin> If software can't be exported from the US it cannot be DFSG
 Martin> free.

	Rubbish. The US government can do many stupid things which are
  not under the licencees control.

 Martin> Please look into the DFSG which says:

 Martin>   1. Free Redistribution

 Martin>      The license of a Debian component may not restrict any
 Martin>      party from selling or giving away the software as a
 Martin>      component of an aggregate software distribution
 Martin>      containing programs from several different sources. The
 Martin>      license may not require a royalty or other fee for such
 Martin>      sale.

	Precicely. The *LICENCE*, OK. Does the GNUPG licence state you
 cant take it anywhere?

 Martin> (However I have to admit that the restinction is not based on
 Martin> the "license" but on "patents" and "law").

	Yes. So, if you still thnk ths is not DFSG free, please quote
 me chapter and verse. Or stop spreading misinformation.

 Martin> There is also a technical for objecting to your proposal: If a
 Martin> package *in* main depends on or recommends a package *outside of*
 Martin> main you'll get a showstopper if you try to install the package
 Martin> and don't have a non-US part handy.  (think of a new Infomagic
 Martin> CD for example).

	This is something we shall need to work arund. Like moving the
 main ftp archives to the free world.

 >> Seconders?

 Martin> I hope not.

	Well, He has me

	manoj.
--
 Carson's Observation on Footwear: If the shoe fits, buy the other one
 too.