Re: License question

warp@whitestar.soark.net wrote:
> Hmm, once more I'm no expert, however..
>
> The license says (upper cased for hi-lighting)
>
>     b) You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in
>     whole or in part contains or is derived from the Document or any
>     part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at NO CHARGE to all third
>     parties under the terms of this License.
>
> [snip DFSG section]

 Thanks, I hadn't noticed the 'in part contains' wording.  This would
 prevent it from being distributed as part of for-pay distributions, yes?

> I'm not positive but it looks like it conflicts here..
>
> The license says..
>
>     c) You must not add notes to the Document implying that the
>     reader had better read something produced using Texinfo.
>
> [snip DFSG sections]

 Yes, I felt that this violated the 'Discriminating against fields of
 endeavor' section.

> You may wish to contact the authors to see if you can get them to change
> the license, otherwise chances are it will have to go in non-free..

 Already contacted him (no reply yet).
 I'm not interested in packaging for non-free.  Someone else can pick it
 up, tho...

 Thanks for the response,
 -Mitch