RE: Psion

Shaleh writes:
 > I believe it is non-replaceable.  Although I can not swear for anyone
 > particular series.  Frankly the Linux port would have no other purpose than to
 > say it could be done.  The interface would not handle well.
 >
 > On 07-Dec-98 Weiden, P. van der wrote:
 > > Hi!
 > > _
 > > Is there going to be a Linux version available for Psion series 2 and 5, or
 > > is the operatings system on such handhelds not replacable?

There was at least some work on this, and IIRC someone could boot
Linux on a Series 5, and on a Palm + Flash.

No real idea as to the usefulness of such a thing, though - when I'll
have have some time, I'll probably try this on my Palm III ;)

See http://www.ctv.es/USERS/xose/linux/linux_ports.html

As for the interface, I guess it's just a matter of writing drivers...

--
Yann Dirson                         | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
           <ydirson@multimania.com> |     support Debian GNU/Linux: