Re: slinkcd v 0.95 m68k & Alpha organization

James Troup writes:
>stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Steve McIntyre) writes:
>
>> In article <[🔎] 19981229151947.B16566@janux> you write:
>> >On Fri 25 Dec 1998, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>> >
>> > It's apparently including contrib, non-free and non-us, and those
>> > haven't been receiving much attention (at least on alpha). I get
>> > 2238 i386 versus 2054 alpha for main. 67 of those 2238 are
>> > "oldlibs", which we don't need on alpha.
>>
>> I'm running another test now on open; I'll get back to you again
>> with the results from that, bearing these in mind.
>
>Hmm; how does what your doing differ from Paul's diff (if that's the
>correct name, I forget, sorry) or Quinn diff
>(http://quinn-diff.nocrew.org/)?

I'm not sure what you two are doing, exactly. I noticed that the m68k and
alpha disc image sizes were _much_ smaller than those for i386, so I'm
just grabbing a list of the packages (not even checking the versions) in
slink for each architecture. The comparisons are what I'm listing...

>[Uh, okay, I don't bother running quinn diff on anything other than
>main for religious reasons, but even so...]

So I presume the quinn diff lists any differences including versions?

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,                 +------------------