Re: Replacing fdisk by cfdisk?

Previously Michael Stone wrote:
> I've had problems using cfdisk with new drives (i.e., drives that have
> never been partitioned.) It seemed to have trouble figuring out how to
> display partition info based on random garbage. I don't know if that's
> been fixed in later versions.

root@lightning:/cdr/collect/slink# cfdisk -h
cfdisk: option requires an argument -- h

Usage:
Print version:
        cfdisk -v
Print partition table:
        cfdisk -P {r|s|t} [options] device
Interactive use:
        cfdisk [options] device

-a: Use arrow instead of highlighting;
-z: Start with a zero partition table, instead of reading the pt from
disk;
-c C -h H -s S: Override the kernel's idea of the number of cylinders,
                the number of heads and the number of sectors/track.

Copyright (C) 1994-1997 Kevin E. Martin & aeb

The -z options seems to fix your problem.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl