Re: Fw: Re: [Off-Topic] Distribution 2.2-ready]

Zephaniah E, Hull forwarded us:
>To: warp@whitestar.soark.net
>Cc: Linux-Kernel <linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu>
>Subject: Re: [Off-Topic] Distribution 2.2-ready
>From: Zlatko Calusic <Zlatko.Calusic@CARNet.hr>
>Date: 11 Jan 1999 10:39:10 +0100
>
>There are still few annoyances with slink vs. 2.1/2.2 kernels.
>
>dmesg & klogd are not using bigger kernel log size in new kernels
>(8192 bytes vs. 4096 bytes in 2.0).
>
>acct package is incorrectly compiled (with sys/acct.h instead of
>linux/acct.h, IIRC), so it doesn't work.
>
>procinfo segfaults.

sysutils 1.3.3 in potato fixes this, however it also says:
[WARNING: can't print all IRQs, please recompile me]
at the top when it runs. Hmmmm.

>lsdev has problems.
>
>Those are all I can remember, it would be nice to get that fixed
>before 2.2.0 gets into distribution.

Have release-critical bugs already been filed against these? I don't see
any.

I thought a concensus was reached that we should be 2.2.0-ready.
--
Robert Woodcock - rcw@debian.org
"Unix and C are the ultimate computer viruses" -- Richard Gabriel