Fw: Re: [Off-Topic] Distribution 2.2-ready]

From the linux-kernel list, somethings we need to look at quickly here..

Zephaniah E, Hull.
----- Forwarded message from Zlatko Calusic <Zlatko.Calusic@CARNet.hr> -----

To: warp@whitestar.soark.net
Cc: Linux-Kernel <linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Re: [Off-Topic] Distribution 2.2-ready
From: Zlatko Calusic <Zlatko.Calusic@CARNet.hr>
Date: 11 Jan 1999 10:39:10 +0100

kernel@whitestar.soark.net writes:

> On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Alexandre Hautequest wrote:
>
> >Is there any linux distribution 2.2-ready, that cames with
> >updated-binutils, updated-pppd, and so on, to match 2.2 requeriments?
>
> Debian slink (Currently frozen, hopefully will be released soon) is
> mostly 2.2.x ready, there are a few issues (As I'm quite sure there are
> with the other dists) such as DHCP which may not function properly..
>
> However a number of the developers (myself included) have been running
> 2.1.x kernels for a while, and even more who are now on the 2.2.0 pre
> kernels..
>
> However if you run into any problems with Debian related with the 2.2.x
> kernels feel free to drop me a note, and I'll see what I can do to help.

There are still few annoyances with slink vs. 2.1/2.2 kernels.

dmesg & klogd are not using bigger kernel log size in new kernels
(8192 bytes vs. 4096 bytes in 2.0).

acct package is incorrectly compiled (with sys/acct.h instead of
linux/acct.h, IIRC), so it doesn't work.

procinfo segfaults.
lsdev has problems.

Those are all I can remember, it would be nice to get that fixed
before 2.2.0 gets into distribution.

Regards,
--
Zlatko