intent to package TETware and VSX-PCTS from TOG

Both TETware 3.2e and VSX-PCTS 4.4.2 are available from TOG under the
Artistic license (see http://www.opengroup.org/download.html) and I have
been looking at packaging them for Debian.

TETware is the testing infrastructure code used by TOG to develop the
various test suites that they produce, while VSX-PCTS is the POSIX test
suite developed to run under TETware.

TET3 (the current version of TETware) wants to have its own "home"
directory. All binaries, libraries, scripts and source associated with
TET3 are located in this directory.

Without suggesting /opt/TET as the home for this package (something that
even I don't really like) I am left with a selection from /usr. While I
can see arguments for /usr/lib, /usr/share, and even /usr/src, I have no
idea which is correct for this application. I am sure that there are some
of you with a better opinion than myself. I hope you will share it ;-)

The VSX-PCTS resides in TET_ROOT (defined to be the "home" directory of
TET3), so whatever is decided for TET3 will have to be satisfactory for
the other test suites that will be installed at this location as well.

These two packages are the principle starting point for the Linux Stanard
Base compliance tests. There will be other, more specific test suites used
by the LSBCT which will, most likely, depend upon these two packages at
the very least. Getting it right at this early stage is therefore very
important to the future success of these packages.

Thanks in Advance,

Dwarf