Re: Call for mascot! :-) -- flying pigs

On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 01:35:24PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

> >> I can honestly say that I'm more likely to see an octopus fly across
> >> the sky than a dragon.
>
> >I don't think so - Octopi can't fly! (Unless they flap their arms (legs?)
> >really hard, and then they'd run out of energy and die from falling :)
>
>     Octopi are real, dragons are mytical.  I am more apt to see something
> real flying through the air, no matter how improbable, than something
> mythical, which I cannot ever see at all.

For that matter, how about a flying pig?  Then at least outsiders will get
the joke.

You know, a slightly lean, brightly smiling, winged angel-pig with what
might or might not be a curly tail.

Hey, he could have a cape, like Super Pig.

Think about it, you'll learn to love it.

The key here is "cute."  People don't want an ugly chicken-like creature
that is clearly ready to attack at the slightest provocation.

Octopi and ants may also be good, if they have wings.

Have fun,

Avery