Re: -rpath with libtool and Debian Linux

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 07:27:28AM -0200, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> > Does it?  You mean, that hack in ld.so that adds /usr/lib/libc5 to the
> > library search path in certain circumstances?  The hack is incomplete,
> > you just have to fix it.

> Have you checked our ld.so source? The only mentioned of "libc5-compat"
> is documentation.

It's a magic hack.  Somehow (according to Alexandre) it magically adds
/usr/lib/libc5 to the path, even though "libc5" occurs nowhere in the
binary. (go figure.)

Maybe we should just agree that libtool is broken, that it won't be
fixed upstream, and just fix the Debian version?  This would mean
that we would have to rerun autoconf &co when we build packages -
but it beats arguing with this guy till the end of time.

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu