Re: Caldera installation - something Debian should learn

On Wed, Apr 21, 1999 at 02:33:06PM -0400, Johnie Ingram wrote:
> Brimhall> 1. gpm - usually need to configure the mouse
> Brimhall> settings. However, lately I have been finding I
> Brimhall> automatically always run X so I *wish* that gpm was not
> Brimhall> installed by default !
>
> I wish that gpm would by default create /dev/gpmdata and use -R.  The
> X stuff could see the fifo and skip mouse config altogether.

No, that doesn't work right.  The only way it does work is if you use the
new raw setting, in which case X would still have to be configured or
read gpm's config.

Of course, if we start storing hardware config info in /etc for things
like the mouse, both could use the same data right?  In theory.

<dark> Culus: Building a five-meter-high replica of the Empire State
       Building with paperclips is impressive.  Doing it blindfolded is
       eleet.