Re: Homapages in list of maintainers

Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> writes:

> From: Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com>
> > There is no requirement that I know of that any identification must be
> > written in English.
>
> It is practically very important to know what is acceptable and
> what is not as identification. Does this mean Japanese driver's
> license (written completely in Japanese) is acceptable in real ?
>
> # If so, I will stop the plan to obtain my passport for the certification.

I would hope that we could accept official Japanese identification.
I'd have to leave it up to James to say for sure.

> by your common sense which has practical meaning in the process
> of verification for Japanese candidates
>
> - communication on a phone between foreigners short on substance, or
> - communication on a phone between Japanese with much more substance
>
> under the condition that there are highly trustable people in Japan :-)
>
> By the way, there are about 50 (local) maintainers in Debian JP and
> among them, there are already eight official maintainers.

Yes -- it really sounds like we need a native Japanese new maintainer
processor, or at least someone fluent.  I hope this *does* happen but
it may take a while to happen.  Remember that approving new maintainer
is a very _sensitive_ area -- I know James is a little (justifiably)
paranoid about delegating this to others.