Re: Time to rewrite dpkg

* Marcus Brinkmann said:
> On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 08:50:26PM +0200, Marek Habersack wrote:
> > > And note that development will just start. By the time this project enters a
> > > critical stage, egcs will be improved again.
> > No, the development shouldn't start yet. A project should be presented to
> > the iterested people and a discussion should take place. Only THEN the
> > actual development should start. By that time many things can change, yes.
> > But if you start to write your code and base it on some feature which will
> > change in the egcs, then what? Simple - you will have to rewrite all your
> > code.
>
> It's hardly to respond anything reasonable to that. This is such a gross
> exaggeration, and such a demanding and arrogant attitude, that I can simply
> stop just as well.
I'm sorry, but you seem to be arrogant here. You cut the DISCUSSION with
statements like this instead of saying anything reasonable. So you think
that design and project don't matter right? That what developers and people
who are to use dpkg thing doesn't matter, right? Well, I think you have
worked for Micro$oft then.

marek