intent to orphan: spamdb

i'm finding that the spamdb is of little use these days, as most MTAs
today have built-in support for RBL, the DUL RBLs, rejecting mail from
unknown domains, and postfix even has regexp header checking now.

i had intended to rewrite the package properly in perl - i've always
considered the current sh script versions to be just a proof of
concept...but it hardly seems worth the effort now, most spam can be
filtered out long before spamdb gets involved.

i really don't have time to do much work on a package which isn't very
useful any more.

(another issue is that all the cron-job downloads of SpamDomains
and Spammers and SpamNets from my home web server makes my internet
connection very slow for most of every Sunday)

comments??

craig

--
craig sanders