Re: An 'ae' testimony

On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 10:51:03PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> >I think ee is a good choice, I'm not sure it's the right choice, I'm
> >not sure there is a right choice.  If we put a vi on, we get a
> >(probably deserved) reputation for newbie hostility.  If we don't, we
> >alienate all the experienced people, who expect vi to be a basic tool
> >available everywhere.
>
>     Then we should ditch the vi idea altogether.  Why?  Sure, *some*
> experienced people will expect it.  Here's one experienced person who
> doesn't, however.  What I *do* expect is an *easy* editor, not one that
> conforms to how I work.

A simple script that tells them to use ee would be fine I think.  They'd
live.  Gods, it's just a flippin' boot disk for crying out loud!  They
WILL SURVIVE.  I'd say just leave ae, except that given my problems with
it, I would never want to be stuck needing an editor I can't promise will
even work in 5 minutes.

ee is the right choice.

I sat laughing snidely into my notebook until they showed me a PC running
Linux....  And did this PC choke?  Did it stutter?  Did it, even once,
say that this program has performed an illegal operation and must be shut
down?  No. And this is just on the client.
        -- LAN Times