Re: Request for package: mcrypt

On Sat, May 22, 1999 at 19:17:15 -0700, Joel Klecker wrote:
> mcrypt is a replacement for the old unix crypt(1). It uses the block
> algorithms DES, TripleDES, Blowfish, 3-WAY, SAFER-SK64, SAFER-SK128,
> TWOFISH, TEA, RC2, RC6, IDEA and GOST in CBC, OFB, CFB and ECB modes.

I'd love to see it split in a free (no IDEA, RC6? and possibly others) and a
full version.

Last time I checked, the upstream version didn't produce shared libraries.
It should probably be modified to do so, and such changes should be
integrated upstream (to prevent .so version issues).

Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking