Re: An 'ae' testimony

On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 11:34:24PM -0700, Chris Waters wrote:
>"Steve Lamb" <morpheus@rpglink.com> writes:
>>     If ee does this (I dunno, but my friend swears by it), then so be it,
>> install it, move on.
>Again, ae is *half* the size of ee, and ee doesn't even offer the
>option of vi emulation.  If we can't fix some of the more noticable
>problems of ae, and *still* come in smaller than ee, there's something
>wrong with us.

I personally *hate* ae. I think it is essential to have some vi-clone
installed on the bootdisk or at least ed for the advanced users (so that
one can fix e.g. /etc/fstab without cut and paste and grep alone).
Of course, an ee (or if you must ae) for the newbies should be there too.

David
  -- Henry Spencer