Re: An 'ae' testimony

morpheus@rpglink.com (Steve Lamb)  wrote on 22.05.99 in <[🔎] E10lNgS-0000X2-00@rpglink.com>:

> I could settle for ae *if* the keys were rethought a little, putting
> movement together, gross movement together, editing together in some
> mnemonic fashion which is somewhat obvious with the help up there.  For
> example, ^E, ^S, ^D, ^X for up, left, right, down respectively.  It looks
> odd, but those keys are grouped together on the left hand in a diamond which
> lends itself to an obvious use once one looks at it.  Then place word
> left/right on ^A/^F. Things like that.

And suddenly you get a wordstar clone :-)

Actually, I like it. Even though wordstar key logic is hurt by
international keyboard layouts (German switches y and z, France I think
switches q and a or something like that).

At least I know most wordstar keybindings from working with Borland Pascal
:-)

Now if you really want to irritate people, try DOS WordPerfect bindings,
the key bindings from hell. Just about everything is Fx, shift-Fx, control-
Fx or alt-Fx, top of file is home-home-home-uparrow and end of file is
home-home-home-downarrow or some weirdness like that, and so on ... not
even Emacs manages to be *that* horrible.

MfG Kai