Re: Editor for the rescue floppy (was: An 'ae' testimony (suggestion))

On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 06:24:31PM +0200, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl> writes:
>
> > [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> > Previously Ilya L Ovchinnikov wrote:
> > > What do you think about the elvis-tiny statically linked
> > > against old libtermcap?
> >
> > I'ld prefer vim-tiny, but both are still too bug. Also, a non-vi
> > editor is nice for people who don't know vi, and ae can do that.
> >
> > Wichert (not believing he actually seems to be defending ae)
>
> Please don't use ae. It looks like various other editors, but doesn't
> react like they do. Neigther vi nor emacs mode is working and the vi
> mode is dangerously broken.
>
> What about joe or zile or mcedit or if you realy need a small editor,
> take zsh and its editor script..

Too big.  ee would probably be able to be crammed on the disk, and it
works much better than ae.  It's also what FreeBSD uses.

> I also would love to have mc on the rescue disk and with that mcedit
> would be the editor of choise.

You're mad.  =>

* dark greets liw with a small yellow frog.

* liw kisses the frog and watches it transform to a beautiful nerd
  girl, takes her out to ice cream, and lives happily forever after
  with her

<dark> liw: Umm it's too late to have the frog back?