Re: Esound and x11amp

On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 06:04:07PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Yes, it seems really rude to say that all of the sudden each and every
> sound app has to have ESD support. Why the heck do we have to abide by
> the rules of some "enlightened" sound *daemon*? We don't convert all of
> our fonts (or something similar) to be TrueType just because xfstt
> exists...
>
> This is not in Policy, and it requires us to have four additional
> packages installed, and our packages to depend on two more libraries.
> Thank goodness that these libs aren't so big.
Most applications don't even NEED native esd support anymore - just use esddsp.
Of course, it's nice, but not really necessary.  The only application that I'm
aware of that doesn't work with esddsp is quake* - i do esddsp mpg123 .. all the
time.

Brian

--
Brian Almeida <balmeida@cicat.com>  -  Systems Administrator
CICAT Networks - The New Brand of Telecommunications Service